Globalization, increased competitive threats, new regulatory measures, rising costs, volatile market conditions – how can today’s enterprises meet these challenges?
In order to efficiently cope with increasing business pressures, your company needs to transform itself into a more supple, agile, and responsive enterprise. However, with past fixes having been hastily applied to mission-critical systems, the result instead is all too often a fixed and inflexible information technology (IT) architecture.
A service-oriented architecture (SOA) solution concentrates and modernizes your IT structures while, at the same time, addressing legacy system and application issues – with minimal or no disturbance to your business. The advantages of this approach are as follows:
- Synchronizes your business processes with technology to make your organization more competitive and responsive to change
- Measurably improves customer service, satisfaction, and loyalty
- Reduces total cost of IT ownership, freeing funds for strategic business investments
- Increases operational speed and efficiency, user productivity, and organizational flexibility
- Extends the useful life of in-place investments
- Consolidates and streamlines operations
- Provides timely access to more accurate enterprise information
- Eases the establishment of secure, real-time communications with partners and customers
- Helps efficiently manage suppliers, allies, and distribution channels
- Shortens development and time-to-market cycles
- Creates, enables, and optimizes new long-term revenue opportunities
SOA is more than an IT solution; it is a paradigm shift, taking the focus off IT and putting it back where it belongs – on customers, service quality, and fundamental business objectives. The overall benefits are a greater return on investment (ROI) and a more flexible technology system, one better able to support the implementation of your strategic decisions.
Basically, SOA is about describing, building, using, and managing your IT environment, concentrating upon the services it supplies, rather than upon the technology it employs. When enterprises adopt a service-oriented architecture, they describe their IT investment in terms of modular services, each delivering specific value. A well architected, governed, and managed SOA environment enables enterprises to quickly create, combine, and deploy services so as to respond to rapidly changing business needs.
Each SOA program process consists of the following lifecycles:
- Assemble- Assemble new and existing services to form the business processes and optimize them.
- Model- Gather and analyze business requirements. Design, stimulate, and optimize the business process.
- Deploy- Deploy the business processes.
- Manage- Manage and monitor these business processes from both the IT and business perspective.
- Governance and processes- Feed information gathered during the manage phase back into the life cycle to enable continuous process improvement.
Tridens can provide all the services necessary to support your SOA transformation into a more agile enterprise, from strategy development through implementation, and ongoing management and support. We provide the following SOA services:
- SOA Consulting
- SOA Assessment and Planning
- SOA Center of Excellence
- SOA Governance
- SOA Architecture
- SOA Development and Design
- SOA Management
Our experience covers all of the major SOA products, such as:
- RedHat JBoss
- Oracle Fusion
- IBM Websphere
- Tibco ActiveMatrix
We’re here to help you! Click here to contact us.